Monday, February 27, 2017

March

Dear Friends,

March is Colon Cancer Awareness Month, a cause very near and dear to my rear. In less than two weeks, the Knight and I will be attending Call-On-Congress. A trip we were able to afford because I was awarded a scholarship AND your generous donations! We will spend two days in training, followed by an entire day at the Hill meeting with members of Congress. Thankfully my doctor has allowed for a short chemo break, so I will have the energy to walk those hallowed halls.

For those interested, this link provides some ways you may participate from home. There are two fantastic panel discussions that will be live streamed via Facebook. In addition, I plan to post an update or video to Facebook at least once/day.

Today I'm asking you for your continued and specific prayers. I fancy myself a writer and not a public speaker, so I'm taking what feels like a giant leap. Pray my voice finds the words, and the confidence to speak those words. Pray those words find the ears that will lead to change(s), and potentially save a life.

💙

No comments:

Post a Comment