Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Punk Kid Going to D.C.

Beyond excited to announce, on December 7th, I opened an email letting me know I was selected as a 2017 Call-on Congress Scholar! They had over 50 applicants, and I was one of 16 selected "...because we were so compelled by your story and your passion for advocacy." And I just wanted to scream:  See Daddy, I'm telling our story!!! And I don't do small, we're going to Capitol Hill!

In March, I will be going to D.C. to learn how to be a Colon Cancer advocate. Then newly armed with that knowledge, we'll visit Capitol Hill to speak with our legislators. My goal is to work towards changing the perception that  colon cancer is an "old man's" cancer, and fight for earlier screening.

We will need help covering the cost of miscellaneous travel fees, so we've setup a YouCaring page for those that wish to donate. Go here.




No comments:

Post a Comment